Aidana Baldassarre & Trash-Fashions promote the ideals and practices of recycling and re-using discarded materials though Art, Design, Performances, Installation, Marketing, and Education.
Aidana Baldassarre & Trash-Fashions was recently commissioned by Kenneth Cole to work in colaboration creating one-of - a kind, limited edition tote bags by recycling and utilizing a variety of Kenneth Cole vintage billboards. Mr Cole will show case and sell these tote bags at his newly open/ new concept store in New York City.
- Selected to exhibit a wearable piece made from recycled rubber from inner tubes for a traveling show " Toss and Found" curated by Taylor Stevenson, to inspire creativity by using free materials. This show has traveled for 2 years through USA, Rio de Janeiro Brasil, Beirut Lebanon.
- Participated in the annual fund raising event recycled fashion show, organized by the Re-Store, for two consecutive years.
- Presented several Recycled Fashion Shows as a marketing strategies for hair salons, such us Resta, and Naked Hair.
- Selected to participate at " The Armory Centers for the Art" West Palm Beach at the fashion show Artillery part of their fundraising event for two consecutive years.
- Selected to be part of "Trashformation East" traveling exhibit traveling across the US, starting in Boston MA.
- Acted as a consultant, organizer of the fundraising event " Trashformation East" for the Brockton Craft Museum raising with a Trash-Fashions Fashion Show 70,000 for the Museum.
-Conducted several arts and crafts workshops for all ages at the Brockton Craft Museum teaching jewelry making re-using recycled materials.
-Participated at the fundraising event for " The Boston Architectural Center" showcasing recycled rubber dresses on models riding motorcycles.
- Acted as a curator for the very first Trash-Fashions Fashion Show in Boston MA.
-Organized and Participated of a series of Trash-Fashions Show performances during South End Open Art Studios. For two consecutive years. Weekend long shows.
-Selected to participate in the art show " RE-Tread Threads" organized by the Textile Center in Minneapolis MN.
-Presented a recycled fashion show, Trash-Fashions for a fundraising event for Art is Life in Miami FL during Art Basel 2011.
-Three pieces of wearable art made from recycled bikes inner tubes where selected to be part of the show " Bikes Art"
at the Dairy Art Center / Gallery. Boulder Colorado. Won 2nd price with one of the pieces. Sold the other two.
Buenos Aires, Argentina:
-Participated in the Annual international fair" Puro Diseno" La Rural, to exhibit my recycled designs and run a workshop utilizing bamboo fiber and re-cycled acrylic scraps.
- Created the eco- conscious and social project RE-MILK, which trained and employed low income women to recuperate and transform through sewing milk plastic containers into purses, wallets, and bags.
- Selected to present a Trash-Fashions Show at the San Telmo Cultural Center of Plaza Defensa.
- Staged the window display of the art gallery in San Telmo La Guanaca Azul utilizing wearable art from recycled materials.
Paris, France 2005.
- Participated in the annual " Ethical Fashion Show" Second edition , presenting outfits on models in the run-way at the Marais during Fashion Week.
New Zealand 2004
- Selected to participate showcasing a dress crafted entirely with inner tubes for their annual environmental fashion show of Waitakere. NZ.